Toffee Chip Squares Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream butter.
3. Add brown sugar and vanilla.
4. Mix well.
5. Add flour and baking powder and mix until well blended.
6. Pat evenly into ungreased 9 x 13 baking pan.
7. Press down flat.
8. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
9. Remove from oven and cut while warm into triangles, cut from 2-inch squares.
10. Prepare topping.
11. Melt chocolate chips, butter and water in top of double boiler over hot water.
12. Stir until smooth.
13. Remove top of double boiler from hot water.
14. Let chocolate thicken a little and then drop a large dollop in the center of each square or triangle.
15. Sprinkle Bits 'o Brickle chips on top of wet chocolate, heavily.
16. Refrigerate to set.
17. Remove squares with spatula and shake off excess Bits 'o Brickle.