Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These cookies are excellent, and wonderfully chewy without tasting undercooked.
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
2. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Mix butter and sugars until well blended.
4. Mix in egg, yolk and vanilla extract.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Stir in chips to taste, and nuts.
7. Form scant 1/4 cup dough into a ball.
8. Holding the dough ball in both hands, twist apart.
9. Turn each hand up so the raw, jagged edge faces up, and put the ball back together.
10. Place on parchment-lined* cookie sheet (remember the jaggy edge should face up - don't smooth the surface), about nine dough balls per sheet.
11. Bake until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden, yet centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes.
12. Start checking at 13 minutes.
13. Cool cookies on cookies sheets.
14. The dough can be refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen for up to 1 month, shaped or not.
15. If baking frozen dough, an extra 1 to 2 minutes cooking time will be required.