Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Turn oven 325 deg and adjust oven racks to upper and lower middle positions.
2. Mix flour and soda in bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended.
4. Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla.
5. Add dry ingredients mix until just blended. Add chips.
6. Form scant 1/4 cup dough ball. Holding ball using fingertips of both hands, pull the ball apart in equal halves.
7. Rotate 90 degrees and, with jagged ends up put back together at base to make single cookie. You want the tops uneven.
8. Make about 9 per sheet on parchment paper.
9. Bake, reversing cookie sheets position halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden, yet centers are soft and puffy, 15 to 18 min. Start checking at 13 min.