The Complete Chocolate Mousse Dessert Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4 to 6
Your standard toll-house chocolate works fine for the mousse but the Ghirardelli chocolate is excellent. You can also substitute anisette for the rum.
- Chocolate Mousse:
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 5 tbsp boiling water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp dark rum (or coffee or liquor)
- Graham cracker crust
- 15 graham crackers
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Instructions: Chocolate Mousse:
1. Put the chocolate in a blender on high for 6 seconds (or so).
2. Scrape the sides of the blender with a knife.
3. Add the water and blend on high for 10 seconds.
4. Then add the yolks and liquer/coffee and blend until smooth.
5. Meanwhile, beat the egg ehites to stiffness.
6. Fold the chocolate into the egg whites.
7. Pour mousse into cups or into the graham cracker crust. This is enough for about 4-6 servings.
Graham Cracker Crust:
1. Break the crackers into a blender and blend into crumbs.
2. Place the crumbs into a bowl.
3. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and add the butter and mix.
4. Press into a pie plate and chill before adding filling.
You can also cheat and buy a Keebler shell. Brush it with egg white and baked at 350 for 5 minutes.