Santa Cookie Wreath Recipe - Printable Version Serves 12
- 1 pk gingerbread cake and cookie mix
- 6 peanut-shaped peanut butter
- Sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Red sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter, melted
- 12 mini chocolate chips
- 6 oz vanilla flavor candy coating
- Red cinnamon candies
1. Heat oven to 375 F.
2. Mix gingerbread mix, hot water, flour and margarine in medium bowl with spoon until dough forms. Reserve 1/4 of dough.
3. Roll remaining dough into 9 1/2-inch circle, 1/4-inch thick.
4. Cut 4-inch circle out of center to form a wreath shape (add dough cut from center to the reserved dough).
5. Place wreath on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are firm. Do not overbake!
7. Cool for 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
8. Roll reserved dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
9. Cut with 2-inch holly-leaf shaped cookie cutter.
10. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes, until edges are firm.
11. Cool for 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
12. Heat candy coating over low heat until melted.
13. For each Santa, dip one end of peanut butter cookie into coating to resemble Santa's beard.
14. Let dry on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
15. When coating is dry, dip other end into coating (leaving center of cookie plain for face).
16. Immediately sprinkle red sugar over wet coating, leaving 1/4-inch of coating near cookie center plain to resemble the trim of the hat.
17. Cut mini marshmallows into fourths.
18. Place a marshmallow fourth on the side of the hat to resemble a pom-pom.
19. Attach 2 chocolate chips to cookie, using coating, for the eyes.
20. Attach 1 cinnamon candy to cookie, using coating, for the nose.
21. Use remaining candies to decorate holly leaves.
22. Attach Santas and holly leaves to wreath, using coating.