Quick Bread Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
180 calories, 9 g fat (37% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 30 mg carbos, 215 mg sodium, 30 mg chol (if using real egg or 5 mg chol if using egg beaters).
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup egg beaters
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup skimmed milk
1. Prepare pan by greasing with butter, margarine or solid shortening.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
3. In a different bowl, blend milk, egg, sugar, chocolate chips and butter.
4. Add flour mixture all at once and mix only until flour is moist. Mixture will be lumpy.
5. Spoon mixture in to prepared pan.
6. If using a bread pan, line the pan with aluminum foil to make removing the bread easier. Bake for 50 to 70 minutes at 350 deg F. or until a pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. If using muffin cups - bake at 400 deg F. for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from pan immediately, cool on wire rack.