Mocha Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. Cut the milk chocolate into small pieces.
2. Place chocolate, coffee and rum in a medium size heatproof bowl.
3. Bring 1 inch of water to a simmer in a wide skillet.
4. Turn the heat off and wait for 30 seconds. Milk chocolate burns easily; do not turn the heat back on unless you absolutely must.
5. Set bowl of chocolate in pan of hot water.
6. Stir chocolate mixture constantly until melted and smooth.
7. Remove chocolate from heat and let cool until a small dab on your upper lip feels slightly cool, about 85 F.
8. Whip egg whites until stiff, but not dry, and fold half of them into the chocolate.
9. In a second bowl, whip the 2 cups of cream until just before soft peaks form.
10. Add 1/4 of powdered sugar and then gently fold half of the cream into the cooled milk chocolate mixture. When adding cream to egg whites be careful to always stir in the same direction to avoid breakage (a rough grainy appearence). If this should happen it can be fixed with an electric mixer.
11. To the remaining half of the cream, add the Grand Marnier and grated orange peel; then fold the remaining egg whites into this mixture.
12. Layer the chocolate and orange mousse mixtures in a wine glass, and chill for at least 2 hours.
13. Decorate with fresh stawberries before serving.