Minature Chocolate Eclairs Recipe
1. Cook pudding according to package directions. Cool 1 hour.
2. In sauce pan, heat butter, water, and salt over medium heat until mixture boils and butter melts.
3. Reduce heat to low.
4. Vigorously stir in flour all at once until mixture forms a ball.
5. Transfer pastry to a bowl: Stir in eggs; one at a time, beating well after each.
6. Preheat oven to 400F.
7. Grease a baking sheet.
8. Drop dough into 12 mounds, about 5 inches apart, Spread each mound into 4x1/2-inch rectangle, piling dough on top and slightly rounding sides.
9. Bake until golden, 35 minutes.
10. Remove from oven; make 1-inch slit on side of each eclair.
11. Reduce oven to 375F and bake for 10 minutes more.
12. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
13. Heat butter and chocolate over low heat, stiring until melted.
14. Remove from heat, stir in sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
15. Slice eclairs in half.
16. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling onto each bottom half and replace tops.
17. Spread tops with frosting.