Layered Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Do not use frozen strawberries or sugar-free pudding mixes. Sliced bananas may be substituted for the berries. This dessert is very rich, so plan to serve small portions.
Instructions:1. Mix flour, butter and pecans together until finely crumbled.
2. Press into 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
3. Bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Let cool.
5. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
6. Fold in half of the Cool Whip.
7. Spread on top of the crust.
8. Mix 7 oz of instant chocolate pudding with 1 1/2 cups milk.
9. Spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
10. Mix 7 oz of instant vanilla pudding mix with 1 1/2 cups milk.
11. Fold 3/4 basket of sliced fresh strawberries into vanilla pudding.
12. Spread on top of chocolate mixture.
13. Cover the top with the remaining Cool Whip.
14. Shave a chocolate candy bar with a potato peeler and add shavings to the top of the finished cake.
15. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.