Grasshopper Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat and stir 1/2 cup sugar, gelatin and water in top of double boiler over simmering water until gelatin dissolves.
2. Lightly beat egg yolks, blend in a little hot mixture, return to pan.
3. Cook and stir 3 - 5 minutes until thick and no raw egg taste remains.
4. Turn off heat, mix in liqueurs and place a circle of wax paper flat on surface.
5. Cool until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
6. Whip cream to soft peaks; fold into sauce.
7. Tint mint green (3 drops green food coloring, 1 drop blue).
8. Beat egg whites until foamy, gradually beat in remaining sugar until soft peaks form.
9. Fold into sauce.
10. Spoon into pie shell, freeze until firm.
11. Garnish with chocolate shavings or curls.