Grasshopper Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. With rolling pin, crush chocolate wafers until finely crumbled.
2. Place crumbs in small bowl.
3. Add sugar and shortening.
4. Blend together until no trace of shortening remains.
5. Press firmly onto bottom and sides of 9" pie pan.
6. Bake 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
7. Cool on wire rack.
8. In double boiler, melt marshmallows with milk.
9. Set aside to cool.
10. In small bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff.
11. When marshmallow mixture is cool, add creme de cacoa and creme de menthe.
12. Stir well and fold into the whipped cream, scraping sides of bowl with spatula.
13. Pour into cooled crust.
14. Place in freezer.
15. When frozen cover with plastic wrap.
16. Keep well frozen until ready to eat.
17. May garnish with grated semi-sweet chocolate, whipped cream or cherries.