Grasshopper Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8 to 10
- Baked 9-inch or 10-inch chocolate crumb
- Crust/pie shell
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 3 tbsp white creme de cacao
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: chocolate shavings
1. Prepare the pie shell according to the recipe directions.
2. Cool before filling.
3. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over mederate heat, combine the marshmallows and milk and cook, stirring constantly until the marshmallows have melted.
4. Remove from the heat.
5. Cool to room temperature. (Do not refrigerate; the marshmallows will gel if allowed to chill.)
6. Add the creme de menthe and creme de cacao, beating thoroughly until combined.
7. Whip the cream until stiff.
8. Fold in the marshmallow mixture.
9. Spoon the filling into the crumb crust.
10. Garnish with chocolate shavings.
11. Chill for 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
12. The pie will hold for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.