German Chocolate Brownie Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
3. For cookies, combine brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla in large bowl.
4. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
5. Beat eggs into creamed mixture.
6. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
7. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended.
8. Stir in chocolate chips.
9. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
10. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375 F for 7 to 9 minutes, or until cookies are set. Do not overbake.
11. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet.
12. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
1. Combine evaporated milk, sugar, shortening and egg yolks in medium saucepan.
2. Stir over medium heat until thickened.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in vanilla, pecans and coconut.
5. Cool completely.
6. Frost cooled cookies.