Fudgy Brownies Recipe
Recipes doubles easily! Just use a 9x13 baking pan. I like to make quadruple batches at a go.
Instructions:1. Position an oven rack on the middle rung. Heat the oven to 350F.
2. Line an 8-inch square pan bottom with parchment (or waxed paper), and then butter the parchment.
3. In a double boiler over simmering water, melt the butter and both chocolates. Remove the pan from the heat; cool slightly.
4. Whisk in the sugar and then the vanilla and salt. The mixture will be somewhat grainy; this is okay.
5. Whisk in the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, stirring each time until blended.
6. Add the flour, beating until thickened and smooth, 30 to 60 seconds.
7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs (not wet batter) clinging to it, 30 to 40 min.
8. Set the pan on a rack until cool enough to handle. Run a paring knife around the inside edge of the pan and then invert the pan onto a flat surface and peel off the parchment.
9. Flip the baked brownie back onto the rack to cool completely. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.