Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. In a heavy saucepan, boil water and sugar until syrup reaches soft ball stage (238 F on a candy thermometer).
2. While syrup is boiling, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites with a pinch of cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
3. With mixer running, pour hot sugar syrup into egg whites in a steady, thin stream.
4. Continue beating until mixture is entirely cool (this may take more than 10 minutes).
5. Fold in pumpkin and pie spice.
6. Beat rum into whipped cream and fold into pumpkin mixture.
7. Turn mousse into a souffle dish that has been fitted with a paper collar; freeze for at least 4 hours.
8. Remove mousse from freezer and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
9. Spoon into dessert dishes and serve with gingersnap cookies.