Frozen Chocolate Mousse with Pistachios Recipe
Mousse and sauce can be done a day in advance.
Instructions:1. To prepare mousse, melt bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate and set aside to cool to room temperature.
2. Combine butter and marsala in a small bowl and set over boiling water.
3. Heat until marsala is bubbling and butter is melted.
4. Remove bowl from pan and let cool for a few moments, then whisk in yolks.
5. Place again over boiling water and stir until yolks begin to thicken.
7. Add cream of tartar to whites and beat to soft peaks and gradually beat in sugar until stiff and glossy.
8. Gently fold together whites, cooled chocolate, egg mixture, cream and nuts, taking care to keep mixture light.
9. Turn into a freezer container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
10. Let stand a couple of hours in refrigerator to soften before serving.
11. To make the sauce, combine the coffee with boiling water and stir until dissolved.
12. Turn into a small bowl, adding the marsala, chocolate and sugar.
13. Set over a pan of hot water and stir until chocolate is melted.
14. Stir in butter until smooth.
15. Reheat before serving.
16. To serve, use a small ice cream scoop to spoon out about 4 balls of mousse into each of 8 wine glasses.
17. Drizzle with hot sauce and serve.