French Silk Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine the 1 cup whipping cream, chocolate pieces, butter and sugar.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.
3. Remove pan from heat.
4. Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks.
5. Return egg mixture to saucepan.
6. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and nearly bubbly.
7. This should take 3 to 5 minutes.
8. Remove saucepan from heat.
9. Stir in creme de cacao or whipping cream.
10. Place saucepan in a bowl of ice water; stir occasionally until mixture stiffens and becomes hard to stir, about 20 minutes.
11. Transfer chocolate mixture to a medium mixing bowl.
12. Beat the cooled chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
13. Spread filling in a baked pastry shell.
14. Cover and chill pie for about 5 hours or until set, or for up to 24 hours.
15. At serving time, top each serving with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate curls or miniature chocolate pieces, if desired.