"Eye" Love Mom Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies
3. Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
4. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
5. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
6. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
7. Wrap dough in plastic wrap.
8. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or overnight. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
9. Shape rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough into ovals. Pat top smooth.
10. Place 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
11. Indent slightly in center with finger.
12. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
13. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
14. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
15. For decoration, place chocolate chips in a heavy resealable plastic sandwich bag.
16. Microwave at medium power for 1 minute or until melted, checking every 30 seconds.
17. Knead bag until smooth.
18. Cut tiny tip off corner of bag. Squeeze to pipe design of outline of eye and eyelashes onto cookies.
19. Drop teaspoons of jam into center of each "eye" for pupil.
20. Combine icing sugar and milk. Stir until smooth. Add additional icing sugar if icing is too thin.
21. Add a few drops of food colour, a few drops at a time, to achieve the desired colors.
22. Place icing in pastry bags fitted with small round writing tip. Alternatively, place in small resealable plastic bags.
23. Cut tiny tip off corner of bag. Squeeze to pipe on designs for cookies, as desired.