Double Chocolate Dipper Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
2. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
3. Combine brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla in large bowl.
4. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
5. Beat eggs into creamed mixture.
6. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
7. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended.
8. Stir in chocolate chips.
9. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
10. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F (190C) for 7 to 9 minutes, or until cookies are set.
11. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
12. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
13. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.
14. Place white chocolate chips and shortening in heavy resealable plastic bag or microwave-safe bowl.
15. Microwave at 100% (HIGH) power for 1 minute.
16. Knead or stir and repeat, if necessary, until completely smooth.
17. Hold cookies between thumb and index finger.
18. Dip cookies into white chocolate mixture halfway.
19. Return dipped cookies to foil.
20. Refrigerate to set chocolate, about 15 minutes.