Fudgey Peanut Butter Chip Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 350 F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
2. In small bowl, stir together applesauce and oats; set aside.
3. In large mixer bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended.
4. Add applesauce mixture; blend well.
5. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon, if desired.
6. Add to butter mixture, blending well.
7. Stir in peanut butter chips.
8. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
9. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
10. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack.
11. Sprinkle muffin tops with powdered sugar, if desired.
12. Serve warm.
Fudgey Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Omit Peanut Butter Chips. Add 1 cup Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.