Chocolate Mousse Royale Recipe
This mousse is simple, yet a little tricky. The thing to remember is that the syrup needs to be warm when beating into the egg yolks. Then beat the yolks until they are cooled.
If you are using this at holiday time, it is wonderful served in chocolate boxes, or cups.
Instructions:1. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler, slowly, over hot, but not boiling, water.
2. Combine water, sugar and vanilla and cook syrup until it reaches 230 degrees on a candy thermometer. Set syrup aside and let it cool to a warm temperature around 125 degrees.
4. Meanwhile, whip the cream until it is stiff and refrigerate it.
5. Place egg yolks in mixer bowl and beat them for 1 minute.
6. Slowly (just a fine line of syrup) start adding warm syrup beating all the while until yolks are thick and cool, approx 5 minutes. Slowly beat in the chocolate until it is blended in the yolk mixture.
7. Slowly beat in the cream until it is thoroughly mixed.
8. Pour mixture into 8 long stem glasses or pretty desert dishes.
9. Chill until firm.