Chocolate Mousse Recipe
If you bake this mousse in an oiled and floured pan, you will have a delicious cake. 350 F oven for about 15 minutes. Adding 1/2 cup unsalted butter to the chocolate while still warm makes the mousse firmer.
Instructions:1. Break chocolate into pieces and melt it in a double boiler with the coffee.
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar until lemon colored, about 5 minutes with an electric beater.
3. Pour melted chocolate onto yolks still beating until combined.
4. Stir in Cognac and walnuts.
5. Whip egg whites until they form soft peaks and fold them gently into yolk/chocolate mixture.
6. Chill for at least 4 hours.