Chocolate Mousse Flan Recipe
Don't make or serve this on a hot day; it will melt.
Instructions:1. You need a 9 1/2" flan pan with a removable bottom to make this spectacular looking dessert.
2. Combine flour, icing sugar and 1 melted square chocolate.
3. Cut in 1/2 cup softened butter (with pastry blender or in food processor) till mixture resembles coarse crumbs, form into ball with hands.
4. Press into bottom and sides of flan ring pan with removable bottom that has been greased.
5. Chill 1 hour.
6. Bake at 425F for 10 minutes; cool.
7. Bring 1/2 cup whipping cream to a boil, Add 5 sqaures chocolate and 2 tbsp butter, stir until melted.
8. Blend in 2 eggs yolks well, remove from heat.
9. Beat egg whites till frothy, gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating till stiff peaks form.
10. Gently fold into chocolate mixture; pour into pastry crust, chill 10 minutes.
11. Shortly before serving, sprinkle 3 squares (coarsely grated- use a vegetable peeler to make curls) over mousse.
12. Lay 3 strips of wax paper across flan.
13. Sift icing sugar over flan; remove wax paper.