Chocolate and Coffee Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine chocolate and coffee in double boiler over almost-simmering water.
2. Stir till chocolate begins to melt, then go to next step.
3. Beat egg yolks while gradually adding sugar.
4. Beat 2 or 3 minutes till mixture is thick, pale, and forms a slowly dissolving ribbon when beater is lifted.
5. Beat in the liqueur.
6. Set mixing bowl in a pan of almost-simmering water.
7. Beat at moderate speed till warm and foamy.
8. Remove from heat and beat till cool.
9. Stir chocolate till smooth, gradually beat in butter.
10. Beat this mixture into the yolk mixture, set aside.
11. Beat egg whites slowly till they begin to foam, add salt.
12. Increase speed gradually to fast.
13. Beat till soft peaks are formed.
14. Sprinkle in sugar and beat till stiff peaks are formed.
15. Stir one fourth of the egg whites into the chocolate.
16. Scoop the rest on top and *delicately* fold them in.
17. Immediately turn the mousse into a serving bowl, lightly oiled metal mold, or individual cups.
18. Cover and chill overnight.
19. Serve with whipped cream if desired.