Championship Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
2. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
3. Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk, and vanilla in large bowl.
4. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
5. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
6. Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
7. Mix into creamed mixture just until blended.
8. Stir in chocolate chips.
9. Shape rounded tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough into balls.
10. Roll in chopped pecans.
11. Place 3 inches (7 cm) apart on ungreased baking sheet.
12. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
13. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
14. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.