Awesome Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe - Printable Version Serves 10
736 Calories; 58g Fat (67% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 250mg Cholesterol; 144mg Sodium
- 2/3 cup chocolate wafer cookies, crumbs
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup frangelico liqueur
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Frangelico liqueur
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
1. Mix first three ingredients and press into bottom of a 9-1/2 inch spring-form pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
3. Melt the chocolate in the top of double-boiler, cool until lukewarm.
4. Beat the egg yolks, adding the sugar a little at a time until pale in yellow and it forms a ribbon.
5. Blend in liqueur, then melted chocolate.
6. Beat chilled whipping cream to soft peaks.
7. Fold in 1/3 cup of the whipped cream and then the remaining.
8. Pour mixture into the pan, smooth the top and freeze until set, about 30 minutes.
9. Bring 3/4 cup of cream to a boil, reduce heat and cool for 2 minutes.
10. Finely chop white chocolate in food processor, pour hot cream thru feed tube and blend until smooth.
11. Transfer to a medium bowl, cool completely.
12. Stir liqueur into white chocolate.
13. Beat remaining whipping cream to soft peaks.
14. Fold in 1/3 of the cream and then fold in the remaining.
15. Pour over bottom layer, smooth top and freeze until set.
16. Cover and freeze for at least 24 hours.
17. Run a knife around the edge, remove the ring, smooth side and return to freezer.
18. Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy pan, cool to lukewarm.
19. Pipe decorations and freeze until set, about 10 minutes.
20. Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead, covered with plastic wrap and frozen. Frozen mousse can be cut into wedges to serve.