Arizona Pecan Chocolate Rum Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Mix the salt into the flour and cut in the lard.
2. Measure out 1 tablespoon of the beaten eggs into a small bowl and reserve the remaining eggs.
3. Add the water and vinegar to the bowl and stir.
4. Slowly add the liquid to the flour and lard, just until the mixture holds together to form a dough.
5. Lightly flour a work surface and rolling pin and roll the dough into an 11-inch circle.
6. Fit it into a 9-inch pie pan and refrigerate it if you plan to finish the pie after several hours, or freeze it if you are completing the recipe at this point.
7. This will prevent shrinkage.
8. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heavy saucepan.
9. Set aside and allow to cool.
10. Stir the corn syrup and sugar into the reserved eggs.
11. Add the chocolate and butter, vanilla, rum and the pecans.
12. Mix well and pour into the pie shell.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until set.
14. The filling will rise and then fall.
15. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
16. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.