Amaretto Chocolate Fudge Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8 to 10
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter (14 tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 30 amaretti, crushed (Italian almond macaroons, available at specialty food shops and some supermarkets)
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp amaretto
- Whipped cream as an accompaniment
1. In the top of a double boiler melt 1 ounce of the chocolate with 6 tablespoons of the butter and let the mixture cool.
2. In a 9 x 3 inch springform pan combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar with the amaretti, stir in the chocolate mixture, and combine the mixture well.
3. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1/3 of the way up the side of the pan and chill the crust.
4. In the top of a double boiler melt together the remaining 3 ounces of chocolate and the remaining 8 tablespoons butter and let the mixture cool.
5. In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together the eggs and the salt, add the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, a little at a time and beat the mixture until it is thick and pale.
6. Beat in the corn syrup, the heavy cream, the vanilla, the Amaretto, and the chocolate mixture.
7. Pourthe filling into the crust, bake the pie in the middle of a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes and let it cool on a rack.
8. Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan, remove the side of the pan, and serve the pie with the whipped cream.