Candy Cane Rolls Recipe
Instructions:1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add warm milk, sugar, shortening, salt, egg and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
3. Stir in cherries.
4. Add enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
5. Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
6. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
7. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
8. Punch dough down; let rest for about 10 minutes.
9. Divide dough into half.
10. Roll each half into a 12x7-inch rectangle.
11. Cut twelve 1-inch strips from each rectangle.
12. Twist each strip and place 2-inches apart on greased baking sheets, shaping one end like a cane.
13. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
14. Bake at 375 F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
15. Cool completely.
16. Combine confectioner's sugar and milk; frost rolls.