Instructions:1. Soften yeast in warm water with 1 tbsp of sugar.
2. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl combine milk, shortening, sugar, and salt.
4. Cool to lukewarm then add yeast mixture and mix well.
5. Add eggs.
6. Measure in flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well until dough is smooth, soft and elastic, and no longer sticky.
7. Knead lightly on floured surface.
8. Form into ball.
9. Place in warm bowl, cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled; about 2 to 2 1/2 hours with regular yeast.
10. Punch down, knead lightly and divide into thirds.
11. Roll each third into a 12-inch circle.
12. Brush with melted butter.
13. Cut into 12 pie-shaped wedges and roll each wedge into a crescent, starting at wide end and ending at the point.
14. Brush each crescent with melted butter.
15. Place on greased baking sheet and let rise until very light, about 1 hour.
16. Bake at about 375 F for about 12 minutes or until light golden brown.