Brooke's Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 12
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp oil
1. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the center.
3. In a small bowl blend together the egg, milk and salad oil.
4. Beat with a whisk or rotary beater until smooth.
5. Slowly heat griddle.
6. Grease it lightly if necessary.
7. Heat until a drop of cold water bounces on the hot griddle (or follow instructions for your griddle).
8. Add liquid ingredients all at once to the flour mixture.
9. Beat with a rotary beater until smooth.
10. Pour batter by the 1/4 cupful onto the griddle.
11. Don't crowd pancakes, or they will be difficult to turn.
12. Bake until pancake is puffed, the surface is full of bubbles (with just a few beginning to break), and the underside is golden brown. (The top will start to stop looking shiny.
13. Turn pancakes only once.
14. Serve immediately with plenty of butter and syrup. Makes 12 4-inch pancakes.