Breadfruit Donuts Recipe - Printable Version Makes 18 doughnuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup ripe breadfruit, uncooked
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 1 cup flour, unsifted
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
1. Combine the beaten egg, breadfruit pulp, and shortening.
2. Mix well.
3. Add sifted dry ingredients.
4. Stir in egg mixture.
5. Drop by spoonfuls into preheated 370 F deep fat and fry until golden brown.
6. Drain on paper towels or a brown bag.
7. Shake in a bag with sugar to coat outside.