Bran Muffins-in-Waiting Recipe
Instructions:1. Mix water with 1 cup cereal.
2. Sift flour with baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
4. Add sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition.
5. Blend in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Scrape sides of bowl often.
7. Stir in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with butter/sour milk, added 1/2 cup at a time also.
8. Stir in soaked bran and the remaining bran cereal.
9. Cover and store in refrigerator at least 6 hours before baking.
10. To bake muffins, heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 2 1/2-inch muffin cups.
11. Stir batter gently.
12. Fill each muffin cup with about 1/4 c batter.
13. Bake about 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
14. Remove from pan and serve hot with butter.
15. The recipe makes 6 cups batter or about 24 2 1/2-inch muffins.