Beer Griddlecakes with Pilgrim Syrup Recipe
Instructions:1. For batter, mix dry ingredients.
2. Beat egg with oil and molasses.
3. Add to dry ingredients along with beer.
4. Stir lightly, just until blended.
5. Batter with be slightly lumpy and somewhat thick.
6. Using about 2 tbsp batter for each griddlecake, spoon batter onto hot and very lightly greased griddle.
7. Spread with back of spoon to 3 1/2 to 4 inches in diameter.
8. Cook until browned, turning once. Makes 20 griddlecakes.
9. For syrup, combine ingredients in saucepan and boil for minutes. Makes 2/3 cups.