Basic Puff Pancake Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Melt butter in 10" ovenproof skillet over medium heat, tilting pan to coat sides.
3. Whisk milk, flour, granulated sugar, eggs, and nutmeg in medium bowl.
4. Pour into skillet; cook 1 minute.
5. Place in oven and bake until puffed and golden, 12-15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar or serve with topping, if desired.
7. Serve immediately.
Caramelized Apple Variation:
1. Toss 2 cups diced pared apples with 1 tbsp lemon juice.
2. Melt 2 tbsp butter in separate 10" skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 tbsp sugar and the apples.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, until aples are lightly caramelized, 5-7 minutes.
4. Add 1/4 cup raisins, 1 Tb applejack, and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon; cook 1 minute.
5. Stir apples into batter before pouring into skillet.
1. Marinate 1 cup diced fresh or drained canned unsweetened pineapple in 1/4 cup kirsch 20 minutes.
2. Drain; add to skillet.
3. Pour in batter.
4. Substitute brown sugar for confectioner's.
Rum-Glazed Banana Topping:
1. Cut 2 firm ripe bananas diagonally into 1-in" slices; toss with 2 tbsp lemon juice.
2. Melt 2 tbsp butter in separate 10-in skillet over medium heat.
3. Add bananas; saute 30 seconds.
4. Add 3 tbsp dark rum, carefully ignite, and cook 1 minute.
5. Spoon warm topping over baked Basic Pancake.
6. Substitute brown sugar for confectioner's.
1. Heat 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tbsp orange juice, 1 tsp grated orange zest, and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat to boiling.
2. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, 4-5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; stir in 1 1/2 tsp orange-flavored liqueur and 1 small pared orange cut into small wedges.
4. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.