Basic Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 10 to 12
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (very important)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (or equivalent egg beaters)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup milk
1. Sift dry ingredients in bowl and stir in liquid ingredients with wire whisk or spoon until mixed. Do not beat.
2. Rub griddle or fry pan with oil.
3. Heat until water dropped from your hand bounces around.
4. Drop about 1/2 ladle / 1 large mixing spoon for each pancake.
5. Cook until bubbled all over the top and brown on bottom.
6. Flip, cook until brown on other side.
7. Keep you griddle very hot at all times.
1. Substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for white flour.
2. Substitute buttermilk for whole milk and 1 tsp baking SODA for 1/2 tsp baking powder.
3. Put some pecan or walnut pieces in with your dry ingredients (this keeps them from sinking). Or put in some blueberries ... also with dry ingredients.
4. Increase your eggs. This will make them a little more like a crepe. Top with sliced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and fold in half.