Basic Pancakes Mix Recipe - Printable Version Serves 12
Make your own nutritious, homemade pancake mix.
- 4 cups wholewheat flour
- 4 cups flour, all-purpose
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 1 cup milk, nonfat dry
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dry mix (from above recipe)
- 1 eggs, beaten well
- 1 1/4 cups milk, skim, or water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Mix together Mix ingredients.
2. Store the dry mix in an airtight container --add the wet ingredients when you are ready to prepare the pancakes.
3. Combine the mix with the egg, milk, and oil.
4. Do not overmix; the batter will be slightly lumpy.
5. Heat a TEFLON pan, or other pan spray with nonstick cooking spray, over medium heat.
6. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the heated pan.
7. When the cakes are bubbly on top and brown on the bottom, flip and brown on the other side.