Basic Oil Pastry or Pie Crust Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine flour and salt.
2. Add oil, stirring until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Sprinkle with water (1 tablespoon at a time), stirring quickly.
4. Gather dough into a ball.
5. To fit into pieplate, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
6. Place in a 9-inch pieplate; trim off excess pastry along edges.
7. Fold edges under and flute.
8. For baked pastry shell, prick bottom and sides of pastry generously with a fork.
9. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.