Basic Muffins and Biscuits Recipe
1. Stir baking powder, dry milk and salt into the sifted flour.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together until well mixed.
3. Cut or mix fat into flour mixture until all particles are thouroughly coated and mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
4. Store mix in a jar or can with a tight lid.
1. Add water to mix and stir 20-25 times.
2. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 10-15 times.
3. Roll to 1/2" thickness and cut with a knife to pockets shapes or use biscuit cutter to make circles.
4. Place in preheated sm and bake 5 minutes or until golden brown.
1. Knead dough, roll out on floured surface and cut 8 circles with a biscuit cutter.
2. Lay one sausage in center of each and wrap dough around, pinching to seal.
3. Sausages will stick out the ends.
4. Bake 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Jelly biscuits: flatten unbaked biscuits with heel of your hand.
6. Place 1/2 teaspoon jelly or preserves in center.
7. Fold over and pinch edges together to seal.
8. Bake 5 minutes or till golden.