Barrel of Muffins (Short Order) Recipe
Per Muffin: calories 105, protein 3 gm, carb. 16.4 gm, total fat 4 gm, CSI Units 0.7, dietary fiber 2.3 gm, sodium 166 mg, potassium 127 mg, calcium 27 mg, iron 1.6 mg.
Instructions:1. Mix baking soda and water.
2. Set aside to cool.
3. Cream oil and sugar.
4. Add egg whites and mix well.
5. Combine bran cereals and flours.
6. Add to creamed mixture and stir in buttermilk.
7. Add water and baking soda and mix.
8. Store the batter in a covered container in the refrigerator.
9. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees and spoon batter into lightly oiled or paper lined muffin tins.
10. Return extra batter to refrigerator.
11. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes.