Autumn Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Coat a muffin pan with nonstick spray or line the cups with paper baking cups.
2. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, bran, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
4. In a large bowl, mix the sugar, applesauce, egg whites, and vanilla.
5. Stir in the pumpkin.
6. Add the flour mixture and mix quickly.
7. Fold in the granola, raisins and apples.
8. Fill the muffin cups three-quarters full.
9. Sprinkle a small amount of brown sugar and granola onto the top of each muffin, pressing the toppings slightly into the batter.
10. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
11. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
12. Remove the muffins from the pan and put them on the rack to finish cooling.