Anne's Pastry Eggs Recipe
Per serving: 1147 calories, 42g fat (33% calories from fat), 30g protein, 163g carbohydrate, 1130mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium.
Instructions:1. Roll out little circles of pastry leaving the two edges slightly thicker than the sides.
2. Sprinkle with sugar.
3. Cook the pastry cream ingredients until it boils and is thick.
5. Place a generous tablespoon or so of cream on the pastry dough and two apricot halves so it looks like two egg yolks.
6. Bake in 350F oven for 35 minutes.
7. Brush pastry and apricots with a nice sweet apricot glaze.
8. The baking takes the sweetness out of the fresh apricots so you need this final step.