Amish Sugar Pie Recipe
The following is a Sugar Pie recipe that came from Northern Indiana and is an old Amish recipe. It is very, very good - and different.
This will not be a firm custard, so don't despair if it doesn't look like the custard pies you are accustomed to! Pie is best served at room temperature.
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl blend together the sugar, flour and salt.
3. Spread in bottom of pie shell.
4. Pour the milk over the sugar mixture, but do not stir.
5. Dot with the butter and sprinkle cinnamon over all.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until filling bubbles in center.