Always Ready Bran Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 muffins
- 3 cups unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour, unbleached
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Raisins (optional)
- Pecans (optional)
1. Put 1 cup of the wheat bran in a small bowl.
2. Add the boiling water, stir once and let stand to soften.
3. Cream the margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl.
4. Beat the eggs slightly and add to the margarine mixture, mixing well.
5. Combine the flour soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
6. Combine the wheat bran, the softened bran, and the flour mixture, and then combine with the egg/margarine/sugar mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
7. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
8. Pour into a plastic container with a tight lid.